I was challenged to join in some more fun this week, in the form of answering 20 questions about myself. I love things like this, so without further ado, here goes…
1. Do you have a nickname?
When I was younger my sisters sometimes called me Darling. My full name is actually Josiane so although not exactly nicknames I do get called various shortened forms of that. I normally go by the name of Jo, but close family and friends call me JoJo.
2. Where do you like to be when you’re writing?
It depends what I’m writing. Blog posts (like this one) are normally rattled out at my desktop computer in my little writer’s corner (aka the corner of our living room). If I’m not well and am laid up in bed then I use my laptop instead. Fictional work is nearly always completed on the go though – in a coffee shop, scribbled in a notebook on the bus or train, or outside in a park or garden. I find it soothing to be away from a screen and I find that I need a different environment for that particular strand of creativity.
4. Who would you like to go to a dinner party with (alive or dead)?
5. What do you do to relax?
Read, write, sing or go for a walk.
6. Android or Apple?
I am an Apple convert with my phone and tablet, but have what I would term a ‘regular’ desktop and laptop (can you tell I’m not the technical one of our family?!).
7. What skill would you really like to learn?
How to hand knit!
8. Which country would you like to visit that you haven’t been to before?
The United States of America.
9. Do you use a journal to organise yourself?
No. I know that they work really well for others but I have an old system of highlighter pens and post-it notes that I wouldn’t be without. I like to be in a certain amount of control so other people suggesting headings and layouts for organising my life wouldn’t work for me 😉
10. What does your ideal Sunday look like?
A lie in, a cup of tea and a printed newspaper. Followed by a lazy brunch with my family and an afternoon at the park or wandering through woods or in the countryside.
11. What scares you?
Anything that makes me jump, like a sudden noise or movement in a film or in real life. I am pretty good at rationalising everything else.
12. Tea or coffee?
Tea, although I enjoy both.
13. Name one extravagance that you enjoy.
Getting my nails done.
14. Cats or dogs?
15. Who’s your favourite superhero?
Hmmm, probably Storm.
16. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
Vanilla (but with chocolate sprinkles if they’re available!).
17. What did you want to be when you were a child?
18. Do you have a life motto?
Not really. I just want to live a good, fun, honest and charitable life.
19. If money was no object, what would you do?
1 – Buy a sailing boat 😊 ; and 2 – set up a community cafe.
20. If you could go back five years, what advice would you give yourself?
To relax and trust my instincts.
So, over to you! If you would like to join in the fun, here’s what you do:
1. Copy and paste the questions into a fresh document, discarding my answers.
2. Answer the questions quickly and honestly, without spending time editing your answers.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this. What would your answers be?
If anyone else has any fun challenges to throw my way, please get in touch!