As you may have gathered, to us nothing quite says family meal time like a good hearty dish, and this lasagne doesn’t disappoint! We use Quorn mince, mostly to save me from making two and to keep everyone happy. It features on our weekly meal planner which if you haven’t see, you can catch up with here.
500g Quorn mince
800g chopped tomatoes
1 onion – chopped
Lasagne sheets (quantity will vary on the size of your casserole dish, but 6 – 8 should be adequate).
100g grated cheese
Fresh herbs, salt and pepper to taste
You will also need a cheese or plain white sauce, or a tub of cream cheese!
1. Simmer the Quorn in the water for 3 minutes.
2. Add the onion and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Layer in casserole dish – one layer of mince mix, topped with lasagne sheets (3 or 4, dry), topped with cheese or plain white sauce (you can cheat and buy this in a jar to save on preparation time, or alternatively we will be posting our recipe for this soon), or your cream cheese – and repeat.
5. Top with grated cheese.
6. Cook in a preheated fan assisted oven at 180 degrees (increase the temperature if you don’t have a fan) for 30 minutes.
Serve with peas and vegetables – and enjoy!
For more recipes, visit our Kitchen section 🙂