We love these yummy oaty bites, especially on the afternoon school run during the winter when we are all feeling tired and cold. You can adapt the recipe to suit you (you could use vegan spread for example instead of butter to make these vegan) or use it as we do. You could even add more fruit – dried cranberries are lovely in this mix too.
This recipe is easy to follow and great to use with children. I hope you enjoy it, and would love to see photos if you decide to make them!
500g porridge oats
125g dried apricots, whole or chopped
5 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
1. Chuck all ingredients into a bowl.
2. Thoroughly mix with a wooden spoon (or clean hands!).
3. Press into a pre-greased baking tray (mine is 30 cm x 22 cm) ensuring that the mixture is spread evenly and is flat across the top.
4. Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Rest for a few minutes then turn onto a cooling rack.
6. Cut into squares when cooled. I find that running the blade of a sharp knife under hot water then drying before cutting helps to create smooth edges on your pieces.
These yummy snacks feature on my meal planner. Find it here.