According to a formula publicised by Sky Travel back in 2005, Blue Monday is the most difficult day of the year when it comes to our nation’s mood. I don’t know about you, but I am definitely feeling it this year. It seems as though it’s been grey since the beginning of January! With the schools back and the regular routine stretching away in front of us this section of winter always feels as though it hangs around for too long. So, here are my tips for keeping optimistic and ignoring the grey.
1. Call or visit family and friends.
2. Have a good clear out ahead of spring.
3. Plan a three course meal in with your family, for no reason other than to celebrate each other’s company.
4. Make a den and read stories in it.
5. Go for a long walk in the countryside.
6. Close the curtains and watch a movie.
7. Get an early night.
8. Drink plenty of water.
9. Book a summer holiday.
10. Top yourself up with vitamins, including plenty of vitamin D which is great for bones, but also for your immune system.
What do you do during this time of year to keep a fresh head and get through the duller days?
If you like this post, you might also enjoy this one.
This post is linked up with: