Calendar of Goodwill – 2018
It’s December and, once more, we have drawn up our Calendar of Goodwill.
Our calendar this year is really focused on giving back to those who have helped us over the past 12 months and the local community. I was delighted that the boys have helped again by coming up with ideas, and they even mentioned it before I did this year! Of course these ideas can be used throughout the year, but for my children I hope that it gives them a little balance during the Christmas season.
There will be several repeats from last year’s version of the calendar which you can read here (along with an introduction to what we do). We have also added in some suggestions that we were given by readers last year – thank you!
So, our calendar this year:
- Make presents for the local homeless charity to be handed out at Christmas
- Drop off mince pies for charity shop workers
- Take a relative (who doesn’t have access to a car) shopping
- Make a meal for a friend
- Take a donation of food and toys to the local dog shelter
- Make a homemade Christmas card for our GP
- Take a relative to a Christmas experience
- Surprise someone with a visit to a carol concert
- Make mince pies for our neighbours
- Give treats to a midwife to be taken into the maternity unit at hospital
- Take treats into our local A&E department
- Put a little extra in our weekly shop and give it to the food bank
- Leave a Christmas card out for our postman
- Write a happy chalk message on our driveway
- Donate a brand new toy to Warwickshire Children’s Services
- Leave a book in a café with a note that it’s a present for whoever finds it
- Buy a suspended coffee (http://suspendedcoffees.com/)
- Facetime people we don’t see enough of
- Make happiness cards for our friends
- Send cards to family and friends abroad
- Make a card for our vet to wish them a merry Christmas
- Volunteer our time
- Drop off good quality outgrown clothes at a local charity
- Bring in treats for co-workers
I’m always open to ideas for our Calendar of Goodwill, or little acts of kindness that we can carry out throughout the year. Inspire me! What would you add?