As regular readers will know, I’ve been nominated for blogger awards previously. They don’t result in adding metal to a mantlepiece or cabinet, but they do make me feel enormously grateful to the community that I am a part of.
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
The rules are in short, that I need to tell you about the award (above), three things about myself (below), answer Mrs A’s questions (also below), then set some for my own award recipients (at the bottom of the post). I love answering questions and this is a great feel good award so I’m going to dive straight in. I hope that you enjoy my post!
Three things about me:
- The first time I flew in an aeroplane I was 19 years old and travelling on my own to Italy. I recall being nervous but then totally blown away by the view once we were in the air!
- I have written a very patchy screenplay. My husband and I dream of completing it together one day.
- One of my favourite subjects to study is English, closely followed by history and foreign languages. I have a particular interest in diachronic linguistics which handily covers all three areas.
Mrs A’s questions:
1. Describe your ideal blogging collaboration – with who and why?
Hmmm, this is a hard one because there are so many bloggers out there who I would love to work with. I think I’d go for one who published discursive political or historical pieces. In part because that’s not the sort of thing that would be a natural fit for my blog so it would be fun to write about something different. Mostly though I love that style of writing and being challenged by both my subject matter and by an alternative point of view.
2. If you were God and had to create a brand new animal, what would it look like/act like?
This is really interesting! I believe in evolution so I think that we are already surrounded by new animals that wouldn’t have been around 1000s of years ago. If I plopped a brand new one onto the planet though it would be small and snuggly. Something that could happily sit in your pocket or curl up on a pillow. Much like Artim’s pocket pet in Star Trek: Insurrection.
3. Name your top 5 songs of all time.
Well if you’ve read my Share the Shuffle post you’ll know that I have a rather eclectic taste in music! This week so far I have been enjoying: Feels (Calvin Harris ft. Pharrell Williams and Katy Perry); Lord of the Dance (The Dubliners); Maybe It’s Time (Bradley Cooper – side note I absolutely LOVE this film!!); Falling Slowly (Glen Hansard, Markéta Irglová); Loving Arms (Dixie Chicks).
4. What are your favourite and least favourite seasons and why?
My favourite is autumn. I love the changing colours, the cooler air, crisp mornings, woodland walks, snuggling up in the evening with a hot drink and a blanket. My least favourite is winter, specifically the end of winter. Whilst I prefer cooler temperatures winter can be so bitter, and by February I am ready to feel the warmth of the sun again!
5. What is your favourite swear word?
I don’t really swear so this is a bit tricky. I used to say “fiddlesticks” a lot which caused amusement among my peers. Now I tend to huff or say “bother” or “drat”!
So there you have it! Thank you for your questions Tracey, I enjoyed answering them 😊
My nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award go to:
If you choose to accept your award, the rules are:
- Tell your audience who nominated you;
- Tell your readers about the award;
- Say three things about yourself;
- Answer my questions below;
- Nominate your own recipients;
- Set your own questions for them 😊
If anyone else would like to have some fun feel free to let me know your answers to the below in the comments!
My questions to you:
- If you chose a pseudonym what would it be and why?
- What is your party trick?
- If you could be a fictional character who would you be and why?
- All-time favourite TV show?
- If you could only take one photograph to a desert island, what would it be a picture of and why?
Thanks for reading!